Sunday, January 29, 2012

What Have We Been Doing In Ormond Beach?

You may be wondering what we've been doing in Ormond Beach. Does this answer your questions? Charlene and I are busy being Coastal Mermaids. It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it.

Actually we were visiting an area called European Village and we couldn't resist this photo op.

The European Village is a neat European style shopping area with neat shops and restaurants. You can see in the background some of its charm.


One day we ate at the High Jacker Restaurant which is a restaurant at their local airport. They had good food, and it was interesting to watch all the small planes fly in and out, some to just park and eat at the restaurant before continuing on with their trip.



Interesting wood sculpture out of a tree in the front of the restaurant.

Then we went to this quaint country restaurant for some dessert. They have entertainment and dances here some nights, but we haven't done that, just had dessert.





One day, at the recommendation of a friend we met at our health club, we drove way out in the country to a place called Dead Lake where we enjoyed the scenery and the food at their restaurant.




This is our friend, Jean, and her husband, Gene, who also came to the restaurant. We surprised them.
They were there with friends and wanted us in their picture too.
Today we decided to eat at an ocean front restaurant and had a good maui maui sandwich while we watched the people enjoy the beach. We were sitting inside because it was actually quite chilly with the wind blowing. But some people were actually going into the water which is probably about 55 - 60 degrees. Way too cold for me.



Yesterday we went to the local home show where we enjoyed all the booths and a free show featuring a Sweet Adelines group. It reminded me of Patsy and her singing days.

Most days we have been working out at our health club and hanging out with Bob's sister. One day Bob and I did get a free hearing test. Unfortunately the guy had to clean out my ears, and he messed them up in the process so I had to go to an urgent care to get them flushed out. There wasn't any damage or infection so that was good. I may have some hearing loss, but I'm not thinking it's enough to get any hearing devices yet, but Bob wants me to go back now that my ears are all cleaned out. We'll see. So if I ask you to repeat yourself sometimes, please do. Otherwise I might have to get some kind of hearing device, but I might turn it off if I don't like what you're saying.

The weather has been pretty nice, some cool days here and there, but mostly sunny and warm enough. Hope it lasts. Hope everyone is keeping nice and warm wherever you are.

No comments: