Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ft. Sam Houston Fiesta and Fireworks

Susie, some of her friends, and I joined in on some of the San Antonio Fiesta Week events.  One of them was the Ft. Sam Houston Fiesta and Fireworks.  Ft Sam Houston is my birthplace, and my father was stationed there when I was in 6th - 8th grades.  It is always quite nostalgic to go there.  There are vendors and displays of all kinds,  a carnival with rides and games, and military displays.  After dark, there was a fireworks display that we enjoyed.  It was a beautiful day and evening for the event.


 This is the old Brooke Army Medical Center where I was born.  This is no longer the hospital.  They built a new, huge complex on property nearby.  I'm not sure what they use this building for now.






One common thing to do at almost any event is eating.  These were our nutritious selections.




No pictures of the fireworks.   Too dark.  We took our folding chairs and put them by our parked car to watch the fireworks display from a distance which is a great way to do it.  Then we were right by the car to make a quick get a way.

No comments: