Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Susie's Surgery

Today Susie went in for her surgery on her pinky finger. She couldn't eat or drink all day. She had to be there about 1:30pm, and they didn't do surgery until about 3:00, and she wasn't ready to go home until about 5:00. Remember she hadn't eaten or drunk anything all day. But they did offer her a diet Dr. Pepper just before she left, and it tasted so good. And she wanted chicken fingers from What A Burger for her first meal. Anyway everything went well. They numbed her arm and gave her relaxing medication but did not put her under. They put in some wires to straighten the bone. She has an appt. with the doctor Fri. to decide how long she has to stay away from work. She is resting comfortably now, but is experiencing a little pain. She has meds to manage the pain so hopefully they will kick in, and she can have a nice night's sleep. She does have to keep her elbow elevated. I'm glad we were here to help her out. WE had some moments where we laughed until we cried so hopefully the endorphens(sp) will help her heal.

Susie Before the Surgery.


Notice the comfy chair. I got to join her with my own comfy chair. We are waiting for the doctor. Susie's ready.




Susie being psyched out before surgery. What will they do to my pinky?


After surgery stylish looks. It's been a rough day.

All of this just to get a "free" pair of great looking socks? Good family foot picture.



More stylish looks in the recovery room.

What???!!!! I just had surgery on my pinky? Is it still there? I feel great!!!????

Finally she gets to drink something. They actually offered her a diet Dr. Pepper. One of her favorite drinks.

"So Long, Farewell, Aufweidersein, Good - Bye." At last (about 3 1/2 hours later.) Time to go home!!!!!

MMMM Good. Finally she gets to eat her first meal after no eating or drinking for about 20 hours.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Okay so I was laughing so stinking hard at the one picture. (I am sure you know the one). I too am so glad you were there to help out. We love you Susie and hope you feel better!!!

Anonymous said...

Kind of absurd that the first thing she wants to eat after pinky surgery is "FINGERS". Bahahahaha.

Susie, I hope you're feeling as good today as you did when I talked to you last night. Love you.

Melissa said...

I agree that diet Dr Pepper fixes lotsa stuff. Glad surgery went well. Thank goodness Lucy takes pictures so we can all experience the fun of surgery. :)

Love to everyone!