Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Garden 2010

It was my job to do the garden this year. I had a hard time getting started because my back went out a couple days after we got back so I couldn't really do any work.

The youth group at our church was doing a service project for a Haiti fund raiser so I asked them to come help me get the garden ready for planting. Between them and a guy I hired to plow the ground, I was able to plant the garden on Sat. I planted seeds of lettuce, spinach, zucchini, and carrots, and I planted plants of bell peppers and tomatoes. Then I covered the bare spaces of the garden with big pieces of cardboard and held it all down with rocks and boards I had around. That's my idea of weed control for the garden. I know it looks weird, but it's organic,it decomposes, and it's free. We'll see if it works or not.

I do enjoy fresh garden picked veggies. Mmmmm good!!!!


Bell peppers.

Tomoatoes.


No comments: