Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sad News


A good friend and coworker, Ethel Lenters, died last night. She was only 58. She was the most beautiful, caring, mild mannered, patient woman who was the picture of good health and wellness, and I admired her so much. Some things like this make no sense. She will definitely be missed.

I had just read about her in our local newspaper about her attending her 40th school reunion, and there was a nice picture of her. Then about an hour later I got the phone call telling of her death. Unbelievable.

I first met her when she was a volunteer at Kinsey Elementary School where I used to work. She was very helpful to me especially how she organized me and all my files. It made such a difference. I also taught her two sons. Then she got a job at the middle school where I worked. She worked with our at risk students and had the patience of a saint. She never spoke an unkind word about anyone, and she always made everyone feel special. She was a gem of a person.
At water aerobics this morning I found out that Ethel had a heart attack, and she had a 90% blockage. Unbelievable, considering she watched what she ate and exercised regularly. I guess it was just her time.

No comments: