Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Christian's Graduation

We got back to Iowa and one of the first orders of business was my great nephew's graduation. I went down to Omaha on Thurs. to join my sister from Alabama and her grandson who was there with her. This was a time for Logan, my great, great, nephew and Dexter, my great nephew, to have some bonding time. Here they are having some fun with Christian's grandmother and me. We were telling them there was a rabbit hole in the ground. My grandfather used to do that to us kids.



Here they are doing sidewalk chalk art. Fun.
Here is my niece making memory posters for Christian. My sister, her mother, and Eloisa, her mother-in-law are looking over her work.
Here's Christian chilling out before graduation.
Here are sister, Aly, friend, Angelica, and brother, Nicholas.
My sister and I took her grandson, Dexter, to McDonald's. Fun.

Here's Logan being cute.
Sat. my niece, Jessica, arrived from Alabama with her husband, Derek, and her other child, Dreyden. Here's Dreyden. So cute. Huh?
More cute pictures of Logan.

Here are the cute cousins, Logan, Dreyden, and Dexter.
Here's Derek with the boys at the buffet the day before graduation.
Graduation Day. Here is Christian with his girlfriend, Christina.
Christian with sister, Aly, and friend, Angelica. It was a beautiful day.
Christian sang in the choir.
Christian sang the "National Anthem." He kept this a secret and didn't know until we got there, that he was singing it. It gave me chills.
Waiting his turn.
Getting his diploma.
Christian with his grandpa and his wife. They are from Alabama.
Christian and his grandmother on his dad's side. She's from California.
Christian with his grandma, my sister, and with his aunt Jessica and her family, all from Alabama.
Christian with my sister and me.
Christian with his parents, Mitzi, my niece, and her husband, Al.
Here's Christian and his immediate family, Nicholas, Mitzi, Aly, and Al.
The following day was the graduation party at Papio Greens, a golf course, miniature golf course, and driving range. They rented the party room and use of the driving range and the mini golf course. It was a beautiful day and everyone had fun.

Two cakes.
He'll be going to school at U of Nebraska in Lincoln.
Memory table.


Having fun.






After the party. Whew. A job well done.
Opening gifts and adding up the money.
The hallway where all the shoes are.
Family picture.

No comments: