Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Bucyrus High Alumni Sock Hop

One of the main reasons we went to Ohio was to attend a  Bucyrus High School Alumni Sock Hop.  We tried to dress the part. 




Bob hanging out with some of his high schools buddies.


 The sock hop was held in the gym of the school, which now is actually an elementary school. The disc jockey did a great job playing the oldies but goodies.


The one in the middle won the costume prize.  I used to wear a bow like that in my hair.  I really like the outfit of the one on the left, very colorful and true to the period.
People actually danced too.


Break time.  Notice  her saddle shoes.



 Bob entered the Limbo contest.  He did well, but he didn't win.



This is one way to do it, but it did disqualify him.

We also entered the hula hoop contest, the twist contest, and the dance contest.  I found out that I no longer know how to do the hula hoop, even though I do it well on the Wii.  I still know how to twist, but I didn't win.  But we did get a participation prize for the dance contest.


Some of the winners.



 The line up for the costume contest.  I actually got in as a possibility, but I didn't win.




Examples of the prizes they gave out.
 I had a nice visit with these people, Elaine and Will,  who live on Hilton Head.  Elaine does Ironman triathlons, and Will swims and is a pharmacist.  He also gave me some advice for our upcoming cruise.


This is Bill Elder who wrote The Bucyrus That Was.  Bob bought his book a while back, read it, and has shared it with other classmates.  Bill is also the one who organized and hosted the sock hop.  He and his wife live in Montgomery and are big Alabama fans like most of my family.

This is Bill's wife.  We had a nice visit too.


No comments: