Friday, March 22, 2013

Florida Visit 2013

We spent about a month in Ormond Beach with Bob's sister.  I didn't really take any scenic pictures since I've taken so many in the past, but I did take some interesting pictures.

Here are some goofy pictures of Bob and Charlene at Aunt Catfish's Restaurant, one of our favorite restaurants on the Halifax River, the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway.  



For Valentine's Day we joined Charlene and her friend, Sandy, to attend an event at the Palm Coast Public Library featuring Linda Cole, one of Charlene's favorite singers.



Flagler Beach is just a few miles north of where Charlene lives, and on the first Friday of each month they have Music in the Park so we went.  Sandy joined us again.  There are food vendors and vendors representing local organizations promoting Flagler Beach.  They also provide entertainment.  It was fun, even though we had to wear jackets.


We enjoyed the guitarist.  He played a nice variety.




While we were there, Bob gave Charlene his old lap top so they went to the library a few times where Bob taught Charlene all you need to know about computers, but were afraid to ask.  Practice makes perfect.



It seems that I can't leave Ormond Beach without making a shopping trip to Bealls.  Charlene encouraged me to buy this outfit which is a little different from my usual outfits.  The orange pants caught my eye since they are close to the color of my sister, Susie's, alma matter, UT.  Our local school district's colors are orange and blue so I might be able to wear these pants to show some school spirit some time in the future.


As usual, we enjoyed visiting Charlene.

No comments: