Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Okoboji Visit With Vera, Chris, Pat, and Betsy

I have a friend, Vera, who has a place up at Okoboji Lake, and she invited me up sometime for a boating outing.  Since I was going to meet Chris, Pat, and Betsy there, I combined the visits.  I went up and spent a day with Vera, and we had a  nice boat ride and a great visit.  It was perfect weather, and all went quite well.  I took my convertible, and we tooled around in my convertible too. Pat joined Vera and me to watch the moon rise at the Barefoot Bar.   I guess I was having so much fun, I forgot to take any pictures.

Because Betsy was currently working in Spirit Lake, Pat suggested we get together for a mini vacation.  So Chris, Pat, Betsy, and I checked in at The Inn, a nice hotel on Lake Okoboji.   We tooled around in my convertible which is always fun and windy.   We had lunch at The Ritz, a nice outdoor restaurant with a view of the lake.  We were going to go beach hopping, but we decided to go back to the Inn and enjoy their lakeside views





After a nice relaxing time, we took a trip on the Queen II, a boat that tours the lake, and they narrate about the area.  We learned about the area and had a nice relaxing time.



Afterwards we ate at another lake side restaurant.  Then we relaxed at the Inn.

The next day was rainy so we had to go shopping.  I bought a couple of swan pins and some of my dishes that I had given up finding, but there they were at one of the shops we visited.  Now I know where I can buy more if I need to if they don't sell them.  Chris managed to buy 4 chairs and stuff them in her car.  Where there's a will there's a way.  Pat got a pretty, purple vase.  Betsy got a metal wagon wheel for a friend.  It was a successful shopping spree, more expensive than beach hopping though.

A picture of a dinner plate.  I got 4 place settings for $60.  It included 4 each of dinner plates, bread plates, cups and saucers, and bowls.  I think I got a good deal.

Metlox Vernon Antiqua 10-5/8

We had an early dinner at Dry Docks, and then we headed for a nearby beach to sit, relax, and enjoy the scenery as well as the sun set.  We didn't really swim because we were warned about swimmers' itch.  But we made the most of it.  Pat probably really wanted to swim in that water.  She and Betsy at least waded.




I took a lot of pictures of the sunset, but only put a few on here.



Does Pat look like she's enjoying herself?




From this beach, we went to the Barefoot Bar to watch the moon rise and to enjoy some more of each others' company.  Then we called it a day.

The next day we took walks, enjoyed the lakeside view, and got ready to leave.  Except Betsy who had to go back to work.  Chris had to leave early, but Pat and I stayed and ate a buffet brunch at the restaurant at the Inn.  Then I hopped into my convertible, and Pat in her car in search of a gift shop, but it was closed. We said our good-byes and headed our opposite ways.

I think we all decided to do this again.  It was a nice relaxing, fun time.

No comments: