Saturday, May 9, 2009

Last Day at Stahl Elementary School

Friday was Bob's and my last day to volunteer at Susie's school. We enjoyed volunteering our time for Susie and for the school. Bob spent the last two days offering magic shows to a lot of the classes. He didn't make it to all of them, but he did keep busy. I heard great reviews. The last few days Susie had a Book Fair, and it was very busy. Her assistant was out sick with the flu (not the swine flu), and her substitute was from Iowa so we got along really well. I also had to say good-bye to the 5th grade girl for whom I was a mentor. We had a special time to say good-bye and to wish each other well. Susie took a really good picture of us, and I'll add that when she sends it to me from school on Mon. Meanwhile here is Bob at one of his magic shows, and here's the library. We'll miss Stahl Elementary.

You can go to this link and see an article about Susie providing 5th grade science centers in preparation for TAKS. There's a picture of me helping some students. This was one of the activities with which I helped.

http://www.neisd.net/pr/news/Stahl_TAKS_math_prep.html




No comments: