Saturday, March 19, 2011

Visit in Omaha and the Amazing Play

Even though we knew the weather up north could be winter like, we still had to make the trip to see our great nephews in the school play, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Fortunately the weather was very cooperative, and I was very thankful for that.

Christian, now a senior and who played Joseph, was definitely AMAZING!!!!! He gave me the shivers when he sang his solos. He is so full of talent. He has been accepted in the School of Music at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln. He plans to be a music educator, and I think he'll be quite successful at that too.

Nicholas, a sophomore, had a role as one of the brothers, and it was fun to watch him perform because not only could he sing well, he also was very animated.

In my book, Christian wins best leading actor, and Nicholas wins best supporting actor.

Of course, some of the trip included getting to visit the rest of the family. Aly and Logan were there for one of our days so we enjoyed their company. Here I'm reading a book to Logan about a library cat who lived in the Spencer library for about 20 years. I read the adult book which was very touching, and now it is in a format for children. Logan enjoyed the book a lot. The book actually goes to Susie's new grandson because Susie is a librarian, and it just seems to fit.

Here I am reading to Logan, my great, great nephew.




Another great thing was that my sister, Kathy from Alabama, was there since she's the grandma of the stars of the play. Here we are supervising Nicholas as he does his homework after the play performance the first night. Those actors sure keep a busy schedule.

Some pictures after the Friday performance. From left to right are Al, the dad, my sister, Kathy, and Nicholas who played one of the brothers.
Here's Christian in his Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
Proud great aunt.
The flowers we gave the stars.

No comments: