Thursday, December 15, 2011

Fitness in Sioux Center

While we live in Sioux Center during the summer and fall months, we enjoy the town and what it has to offer. Staying fit is very important to Bob and me so this year we joined Snap Fitness. It's a 24/7 center so you can go whenever you want. The staff there is very helpful and friendly so it makes it very pleasant to work out there. Bob usually walks on the treadmill for about an hour and then does some strength training with some of the machines and weights. I usually do the elliptical for about 45 min. then the bicycle for about 45 min. and then I do the machines and some weights for strength training. I call my 2 - 3 hour work out my part time job.

Here are some of the staff, Kyle in the first picture and Kyle and Carter in the second one.


Here are the machines, etc.




One reason I agreed to move to Sioux Center back in 1985, was because it had an indoor swimming pool. Today we have a fairly new All Seasons Center which includes the indoor/outdoor pool, meeting rooms, and an ice arena. We are very lucky to have this facility in Sioux Center. I have done a lot of swimming in the pools here. I have picked a couple of days a week where I go during the Senior Swimming time, and I swim my mile. Then I return later in the day to do an hour's water aerobics class with long time instructor, Lorna Moss. She always gives you a good work out. Here she is with her water friendly microphone and speaker system.
Here we are working out in our pool.





Our indoor pool also has kid friendly areas.


And there's a very nice hot tub.
In the same building as the pool, we have an ice arena. It is available for hockey and other types of skating. We don't really go skating, but it's available.


The entry way of the All Seasons Center is very nice too, and it's all decorated for Christmas.



If you want, you can watch people swim while enjoying the entry area.

No comments: