Saturday, December 3, 2011

Visit with Stacy and Family, Chris and Pat

Bob had some business to take care of in the Ft. Dodge area, and we made plans to meet his daughter and her family in that area for supper. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of our visit with Bob's daughter. I guess I was too caught up in visiting that I forgot to take pictures. I hate when I do that. So our pictures will be in our minds. We had supper at a Pizza Ranch and had a nice visit. Brett ate the equivalent of almost a whole pizza. Wow!!!!!! Since the ice cream machine was working, Dane enjoyed a root beer float. Grandpa Bob did a magic trick that went awry at our last get together. This time the trick worked. Miss Piggy was feeling a lot better. Stacy is staying healthy and ready for the new baby. They don't want to know if it's a girl or a boy. Either way we'll all fall in love with him/her. No problem.

Since we were in the area, I called my good friends, Chris and Pat, to see if they would meet us for lunch and apple pie at the Community Orchard just north of Ft. Dodge. Luckily they were able to accept the invitation. We enjoyed a delicious lunch, delicious apple pie, the nice Christmas setting, the gift shop, and most of all, the company.

One tradition our friends have is to give "presentos" from time to time when we get together. Chris always comes up with very unique and appropriate "presentos." She had gotten one for me for our next gathering, but decided to give it to me here. It was a representation of our two collections, teapots (hers) and swans (mine.) It is a lovely swan teapot.

Here we are enjoying the ambiance and showing off the swan teapot.

Notice my swan pin too. I do have a swan cup that I can use with my new swan teapot.


Bob got a compliment for being patient and understanding with our visiting. Usually when our GROUP gets together, the husbands find somewhere else to go. One of our husbands thinks GROUP stands for Getting Ridiculous, Our Utmost Priority. I think we pretty much behaved ourselves at the Orchard though.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

No comments: