Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spring Break Mon. March 9, 2009

Today we went to Gruene, TX which is on the Guadalupe River just north of San Antonio by New Braunfels. It is a quaint village with lots of unique shops. We relaxed and had a nice meal at the Gristmill which is a restaurant built around and incorporating the ruins of a mill that operated along the river. It made me think that Frank Loyd Wright may have helped with the architecture of this restaurant. It was very nicely done and peaceful. We visited just about every shop and bought a few things. Susie and I sampled wine at the winery, but Bob was the designated driver so he didn't join us. I even found my favorite kind of hand cream which is hard to find anywhere. Yea!!!


Here are some pictures:


The Gristmill entrance.

Notice the scenery inside the restaurant in the pictures below.










My favorite shop even though it was closed. Guess why? Swans is the answer. My favorite.


Down by the River, the Guadalupe River.


No comments: