Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spring Break Wed. March 11, 2009

Today Bob, Susie, Amy(Susie's daughter and my niece), and I went to Fredricksburg. It was cold and rainy. Cold is in the 40's, and rain is very rare in TX these days so it was very welcomed by most. We hopped from shop to shop trying to stay dry and warm, and we were successful. I found my favorite scent of my favorite lotion which I haven't been able to find anywhere for a couple of years. Yea!!! We visited several shops and ate at a German restaurant. Bob went off by himself and reported he had fun visiting with other tourists/snowbirds, etc. Susie, Amy, and I shopped together and had fun times just being together and trying to stay warm. Here are some pictures.

We had fun tasting wine at this winery, not a hospital, just an old building that used to be a hospital.

Shopping


Eating at German restaurant. In first picture notice the fireplace in the background which helped warm us up, and in the second picture notice the coo-coo clocks on the back wall.





Texas Blubonnets, the state flower. Susie taking time to smell the blubonnets.

Rain gutter in Fredricksburg where rain is very rare so this is a very rare picture.

Susie and Amy huddling to keep warm.


At one of the shops there were these stoneware cookie molds by an artist named Lucy something. She signed and numbered the little cookbook that goes with the mold. All of this for only $100. So instead of buying it, I just took a picture.

No comments: