Sunday, April 19, 2009

Celebrating Mom on April, 19, 2009

Today was April 19, 2009. It was on this day, seven years ago that Mom died. She fought cancer once and survived. Then she was fighting another fight with cancer, had surgery successfully, but then her body could not handle the stress of the surgery. Susie, Bob, and I took lilies from church to Mom's gravesite and remembered her there. We also remembered Dad and Tommy (our little brother who died at age 6 months) Then we had dinner at Earl Abel's which was a favorite restaurant of Mom and Dad. We toasted Mom with our glasses of water. I'm sure they were there in spirit.

At church Bob, Susie, and I provided the treats for social hour. This was another way to pay tribute to Mom. We decided to give the leftover treats to three families who will also be receiving 2 bags of groceries from the food bank from church. The church is praying that those in need will benefit from the church's food bank. Serving the needs of people is an important mission of the church.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Grandma, I love you and I miss you very much. I wish that you were here to meet Logan.