Monday, July 4, 2011

Visit My Aunt Jane in Scottsdale, AZ

My Aunt Jane, my mother's oldest sister, is in her 90's. I always enjoy visiting her even
though communication is difficult following her stroke quite a few years ago. I really believe she understands what everyone is saying, but she has difficulty expressing herself. Every once in a while she'll say some words you can understand. When I said good-bye, and I said, "I love you." she replied, "I love you." I was also told that she often speaks the name of my mother so I was sure to let her know several times that I was her sister's daughter. I'm thinking she knew who I was.

I was so happy that almost all of her kids, my cousins, were able to join us. They all worked together to provide a very nice family meal which we shared. I felt like we had some good quality visiting time.

From left to right are: Julie, Lilie and Eddie, and Bill. Darlene came later. Barbara and Roger, who live in Tuscon, were in Ohio so they were unable to join us. Next time.
Here I am on the left, then Eddie, Darlene, Bill's wife, Julie, and Lilie, Eddie's wife.
Eddie, Aunt Jane, and me.
Eddie and Bob. Eddie is our age.
Lilie and Darlene.
Aunt Jane and Julie.
This is Allen, Julie's son, and his girlfriend. They take care of Aunt Jane when Julie, Aunt Jane's primary caregiver, is at work at Lowe's. We had a really nice visit with them. I feel like they are such good people for taking care of Aunt Jane.

No comments: