Monday, March 19, 2012

Max Turns One Year Old With Grandma Susie

Max turned 1 on March 14 so he and Amy came over so we could celebrate and enjoy visiting since it was also Spring Break. Notice his Birthday Boy shirt.

We started out by just playing a little.







Then it was time for a birthday cupcake with chocolate icing, of course.

He says, "What's this?"
Let me see. It's soft and gooey. That's good.
It's small enough I can pick it up with one hand.
OK!! Time for the taste test.
OOoooohhhh! That's tastes pretty good. MMMmmmm.
I'll go for it.
It's a little messy, but I'll keep going.

Ecstasy.
Now this is what I call fun.
OK!!!! I've had enough!!!! Get this away from me. NOW!!!!!!
All cleaned up and ready to play again. Here's one of my favorite things to do at Grandma's.
Grandma is so silly, but I sure do love her.
Hey, Mom, help me. She's such a great Mom.
Serious play time.

Time for books.

This is one of my favorites.
I love it when my grandma reads to me. She's a librarian, you know.
I love this bear, and my Aunt Lucy brought me this dog costume from Hawaii from her and my Aunt Patsy. It's a cute dog, but I'm not sure I like it as a costume.
But they made me put it on anyway so I cooperated for a little while. I'll be too big for it next Halloween, but it fits me now. Maybe I'll give this to Jenna Joy, a cute little girl in Iowa who is sort of related to me. Maybe she'll be able to wear it for Halloween.
Not on exactly straight.
Are we done yet?
OK, I'll watch the video of it. That's a lot more fun.

Mom, are we having fun yet?
Here's a nice ABC puzzle.
I think I'll spell my name. (With help, of course.)

I'm hungry, and I need some real food. Thank you, Grandma.
I love these flowers that my grandma had at church on Sunday in honor of my 1st birthday. They're so pretty.
It's been fun, but it's time for my nap.
ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!

No comments: