Friday, May 25, 2012

TV Stars and Wind Generators

When we left Des Moines, we stopped at a rest area on I-80 that had a wind generator blade as an attraction.  It was huge and very impressive.  In fact it was so impressive that KTIV, a Des Moines TV station, was there to do a spot on it for the evening news.  Bob and I both got parts.  Bob, of course, got speaking parts, but I just got shots of me looking up at it and trying to take impressive pictures of it which I will share here.  It is amazing to see all the wind generators that are here in Iowa.  Iowa is a state with a diversity of resources, fossil fuels, hydro, bio fuels, wind generators, solar, etc.  There is even a nuclear plant just north of Omaha, Nebraska, just across the border from IA.

Click on this to see the video.

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iowa/New-wind-blade-display-turning-heads/-/9357080/13535434/-/1d3mqx/-/index.html



This is the picture I was taking when they taped me trying to take the picture.



To celebrate coming back home, we stopped at Palmer Candy Outlet Store to get some "vitamins" for me,  dark chocolate covered peanuts and almonds.  Mmmm good.  I'm just showing off one of my swans to make a nice picture.


No comments: