Friday, May 25, 2012

Visiting Cari, Dave, and Winston

Bob had a Magic Convention down in  Des Moines so before the convention, we had the opportunity to visit with Cari, Dave, and Winston.  Winston definitely is part of the family.  We had a great time visiting.





One of Winston's favorite activities is catching the frizbee.   Dave throws a bunch of them, and Winston runs after them and tries to catch them.  He'll do this until he gets tired.  You know he's tired because he just won't do it any more.



He  loves to take walks too so we joined  in on a couple of walks. .  He is full of energy.  He gets to go to a doggy day care center a few times a week so he can play with other dogs and give Dave and Cari time to get things done around the house.

The first time, we went to eat at Granite City Restaurant.  It had very good food there.  Filling too.  I had left overs.

After the magic convention, we visited them again.  This time, Brian joined us for dinner at Jethro's, another great place to eat. More left overs.


Somehow we got on the subject of Do Biz cookies, my favorite.  I understood they were no longer in business, but they said they were sure they had seen Do Biz cookie dough at a local Hy Vee store.  I have a niece, Mitzi, who had told me she thought that Hy Vee carried Do Biz cookie dough, but I never found it at any of the Hy Vees I visited.  Well after dinner, we went on a quest to look for Do Biz cookie dough, and we found it.  Not only did we find the cookie dough, but we also found my coffee yogurt, another one of my favorites that I can't find just anywhere.  I was a happy camper.  We did make cookies when we got  home.  MMMMMMmmmmm.  Good.

When it was time to come home, we had so  much food that we had to put it all in a cooler.  I had left overs from the restaurants as well as the cookie dough, the yogurt, some creamer I had bought, etc.  Thanks to Cari and Dave for their help.





No comments: