Monday, December 13, 2010

Kimbo's Baptism and Our Visit

Our first stop in Texas was to celebrate Kimbo's baptism. Kimbo is my brother's son's 8 year old daughter. She would be our great niece. We got there Wed. night and said good - bye to Heather, my niece, who left to join Buddy, my nephew, in Albuquerqe, NM for their company party. Bob and I took care of the 4 kids. It's a good thing they are great kids and easy to take care of. Of course Bob spent a good part of Friday at the girls' school performing magic for the 2nd and 4th grade classes in honor of Kimbo and Rachel. I stayed home and took care of Naddie who loves to play all day long. Kimbo's favorite thing was to play Monopoly. Rachel joined us one night.

My brother, Gary, and his wife, Rosemary, arrived Friday too. They are the kids' grandparents. Together we took care of the kids until Buddy and Heather returned home Friday about midnight. We took the kids out to eat at Red Robin, one of their favorites.

Then Sat. was the baptism. Here are some pictures.

Kimbo is on the left in her new, beautiful, blue, sparkly dress. Rachel joins her in her beautiful pink dress.


Christmas Cheer.


The Piano Player.

Naddie and Rachel.
Garrison, Rachel, and Naddie.


Buddy and Heather with Kimbo. They're getting ready for the baptism.


Buddy and Kimbo after the baptism.
The men involved including my brother on the right.

Kimbo with Buddy and my brother, Gary.
Kimbo with her family.

Kimbo with Bob and me.
Kimbo with Gary and Rosemary, the grandparents.

Kimbo and Naddie.




Crazy Kimbo.
After the baptism, Kimbo wanted to go to McDonalds so here they are enjoying the fun there.






Sunday after church we went out to eat at Chili's and then we went skating.

Do you think Garrison is having fun?




Does it look like Bob's having fun?


This picture just makes me smile.

Sweet Rachel.
Do they look like they're having fun, including the ones in the background.
We called our cousin, Susie, one of Uncle Scott's daughers who lives in Ft. Worth, and she and her son, Travis joined in the skating fun. It was fun to get to reacquainted with them.





Skating makes you hungry.
Monday morning before we all left we got to attend Rachel's dress rehearsal of her Christmas music program. It had a Hawaiian theme which was cute.


1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh I love the pictures..I have got to get mine posted. We have been SO busy I haven't even gotten them onto the computer! Argh!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the one of Garrison and I!