Monday, February 25, 2013

Aunt Rosemary's Funeral Dec. 2012

My 98 year old Aunt Rosemary died the first week of December.  Bob and I had made several trips in the last few years and had gotten acquainted with her and had become quite fond of her.    She was my father's sister, and she had shared some funny stories of some of their antics when they were younger.  Aunt Rosemary led a very interesting and adventurous life.  She was a Rosie the Riveter during WWII, of which she was very proud.  In fact I was proud of her contributions too.  She steered us to the house where she and my dad lived in Tonkawa, OK, along with the Hopkins family.  It was fun to see the house after finding it with the help of a lady with the historical society.  Rest in Peace, Aunt Rosemary.  You will be missed.


She will be buried with her husband, "Blackie."

This is one of her sons, Tommy, and his family.  I hadn't seen him for about 50 years.  It was fun to reconnect.

This is her son, Robert, and his family.  I guess I hadn't seen him for about 50 years also.  Fun to get reacquainted with them too.

This is her daughter, Cheri, and her husband, Bill.  We hadn't seen each other for a long time and then a few summers ago, we did reconnect while we were vacationing in Colorado where Cheri and Bill live.  Nice to see them again.  We hung out with them a little more.  Their motel was right next to ours.


This is Jimmy and his family.  Jimmy is the son who stayed in Amarillo and took such good care of his mother.  We got to visit with him and his family a few times when we made our visits to see Aunt Rosemary.  


Here is the whole crew.
These are the cousins, Robert, Jimmy, Bill Hopkins, Cheri, Lucy, and Tommy.


Rosemary's children, my cousins, Jimmy, Robert, Cheri, and Tommy.

My cousin, Bill Hopkins, and cousin Robert.

No comments: